For over 50 years, we’ve found a way to serve our patients and communities better. Now we’re finding a new one.
SAFETY FOR OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF
Protecting our patients, families, staff and community is paramount to our mission. As part of our comprehensive response to reduce the spread of the COVID-19, we evaluate our visitor procedures on an ongoing basis.
Until further notice, we ask that you please comply with the following guidance.
- Access to all of our health centers will be limited to essential visitors (deliveries, facilities services personnel, etc.), staff, and patients. The following exceptions will be made:
- Patients under the age of 18 can have one support person.
- Patients with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation can have one support person.
- In cases where an assistant or caregiver is required by a patient for their care, that person may be asked to wait in the lobby and/or in their vehicle after assisting the patient. They will then will be contacted once the patient is ready for pickup.
- Exceptions may be granted for visitors under the age of 18.
- Visitors ages 2 and up are required to put on a face mask before entering a health center.
- All visitors will be screened upon entering a health center. That is, they will be asked to answer a few questions and undergo a temperature check.
- Anyone with a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms may not enter a health center unless they are seeking care.
- In addition to these safety precautions, Near North Health offers telehealth (video) and telephonic (phone) appointments and visits for patients. For details, please call us at (312) 337-1073.
We did not make this decision lightly, but believe it is a necessary step to protect our patients, their families, our staff, and the community during this public health crisis. Thank you for your patience, understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.
Call today and get many of your health care needs addressed without coming in to the health center! For details, please call (312) 337-1073.
We Serve You
Near North Health welcomes everyone. We are a sensitive, culturally competent, and patient-centered community health center that empowers individuals through education, disease prevention, and promoting healthy behaviors, regardless of one’s inability to pay.
Near North Health's Mission
The Mission of Near North Health (NNH) is to provide access to high quality health care to improve the health, well-being, and safety of the diverse populations and communities we serve.
Communities We Serve
Our communities are located in federally designated Health Professional and/or Health Services Shortage Areas for primary care, mental health, and/or dental services. All communities are home to African American, Latinx, and other racial/ethnic groups who suffer from health disparities such as diabetes, heart disease, asthma, HIV, depression, tobacco use, infant mortality, and low birth rate.
Everyone is welcome at Near North Health. Immigration status will never impact your care.
VETERAN'S CHOICE PROGRAM
Welcome Veterans! Near North Health is excited to offer healthcare services to our veterans through the Veterans Choice Program. Veterans can now select Near North Health as their provider of choice for all healthcare needs. Veterans, thank you for taking care of us. Now let Near North Health take care of you!
HEALTHCARE FOR THE HOMELESS
Pacific Garden Mission Near North Health has taken to the streets and visited the homeless at Chicago's Pacific Garden Mission shelter in the downtown South Loop neighborhood. Every week, Near North Health provides transportation for dozens of residents to visit the health centers and receive healthcare services. Near North Health's homeless outreach highlights just one of the many ways that Near North Health contributes to the community.
A TOUCHDOWN FOR NEAR NORTH
CEO Berneice Mills-Thomas called a touchdown for Near North Health and thousands of other health centers throughout the U.S.
Near North Health led the charge on Washington to encourage Senate to pass the law—H.R. 2—that provides a two-year extension of critical funding for community health centers and won! Go, Near North Health!
ARE YOU SATISFIED?
- 91% of Near North Health (NNH) patients think the support staff are helpful.
- 90% of NNH patients are likely to recommend NNH doctors to friends or family.
- 90% of NNH patients think the rate of charges is fair.
- 93% of NNH patients would recommend our nursing staff to family or friends.
- 92% of NNH patients would recommend our health centers to family and/or friends.
- 90% of NNH patients think our health centers are clean.
- 92% of NNH patients feel procedures and policies are clearly explained to them.
MOBILIZE YOUR HEALTHCARE
The MyNearNorth Patient Portal is now available on your mobile device! With the MyNearNorth Portal you can:
Request an appointment
View your lab results
View your current medical record
Send and receive secure messages to and from your personal care team.
To access the patient portal, ask any member of your care team to print your PIN letter, then go to nearnorthhealth.org and click on the MyNearNorth Patient Portal tab.
If you are already registered for the portal, please go to nn.emrconnect.org
SPEAK UP, SPEAK OUT!
Without action by Congress, federally-qualified health centers could face up to a 70% cut in their operational grants, resulting in loss of access to care for millions of patients.
Send an email to your Congressman to "support the essential work of community health centers."
The Illinois 7th Congressional District Congressman Danny Davis Celebrates Today's Healthcare Heroes by awarding the Dr. George Clevaland Hall Recognition to Near North Health and our CEO Mrs. Berneice Mills-Thomas.
Let's give our CEO, Mrs. Berneice Mills-Thomas, a warm congratulations and thank you for her work and dedication in the Chicago community healthcare industry.